New Dell Wyse 5060 Quad Core 32GF/4GR, Windows 10 embedded. Price includes unit, stand, mouse, PSU, power lead & 3 year warranty. Please see Fact Sheet for detailed specifications. The quoted price is valid while stocks last.
- Superb security and management benefits for knowledge workers in virtual desktop environments
- Enhanced user experience with dual 4K support and robust connectivity options
- First ThinOS-based thin client to operate as a zero client in Citrix environments
With over 430 patents granted for innovation in cloud client-computing, thin client design, management and security, Dell is the expert in client virtualization and at the forefront of enabling customers on their journey to digital transformation with virtualized environments, whether from a private, public or hybrid cloud. Dell is a leader in driving down the cost and complexity of desktop virtualization, while providing better performance and making it easier than ever to plan, deploy and run VDI. The enterprise-class thin client can be easily scaled for deployments to tens of thousands of devices, and offers a low total cost of ownership by reducing IT’s time on ongoing management and maintenance.
“Today’s knowledge worker requires access to highly efficient, powerful systems and tools that will enable them to innovate, collaborate and share information in a secure environment,” said Steve Lalla, SVP, Commercial Client Software & Solutions, Dell. “Our new Wyse 5060 quad core thin client provides the performance and capabilities that knowledge workers in virtualized desktop environments demand with the low acquisition cost and ease of management that IT requires.”
The Wyse 5060 thin client features an AMD 2.4GHz quad core processor that supports up to 8GB RAM and 64GB flash, offering up to 30 percent greater performance over the previous generation. Additional features include:
- Broad Operating System Support: The Wyse 5060 is available with a choice in OS, giving customers the ability to configure the thin client based on their specific requirements. At launch, the 5060 can be purchased with Dell’s own Wyse ThinOS software or with Windows Embedded Standard (WES) 7p. In early 2017, an upgrade to Windows 10 IoT will be available for WES customers, and the 5060 will also then be available with Wyse ThinLinux.
- Innovative Security: Dell provides more than one security layer with the Wyse 5060 thin client. The device itself includes an embedded Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chipset with the ability to recognize if a system’s integrity has been compromised while safely storing encryption keys, certificates and passwords. At the software level, Wyse ThinOS software is an ultra-secure, virus-mitigated operating system with unpublished APIs. For those opting for a Windows-based thin client, organizations can benefit from an additional layer of security with Dell Data Protection | Threat Defense, delivering advanced threat protection against 99 percent of executable malware. [I]
- Robust Connectivity: To provide the seamless user experience and productivity demands of today’s knowledge worker, the thin client supports dual 4K (3840x2160) monitors and provides multiple connectivity options with six USB ports, two of which are USB 3.0 for high-speed peripherals, as well as two DisplayPort connectors, wired networking or wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac.
- Easy Manageability: Dell offers a full suite of on-premise, off-premise, and auto management software options to deliver robust, enterprise-level manageability that can scale to tens of thousands of devices. Through the Wyse Device Manager, IT teams can streamline remote configuration and policy management of corporate and user-owned client devices – including thin and zero clients, iOS and Android devices – through a single, intuitive console.
The Wyse 5060 thin client is compatible with all of the major virtualization software brokers including Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft RDS and VMware Horizon. VMware Blast Extreme remote protocol is also supported on the WES and ThinLinux-based versions.
ThinOS 8.3.1 provides customers with greater choice in Citrix zero clients
Dell cloud client-computing customers now have more flexibility in how and where they deploy thin client solutions within their Citrix environments. ThinOS 8.3.1 Wyse thin clients can be deployed as zero clients within a Citrix installation. Many Dell customers use Wyse Xenith clients in their Citrix environments today, and this gives them the ability to seamlessly deploy next-generation ThinOS-based thin clients into their existing Xenith infrastructures without losing any of the features or capabilities that define the Citrix zero client experience.